Chair: President JoAnna Schilling
Chair Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / (714) 484-7308
Meeting Dates: 2nd Wednesday of every month
Meeting Time: 3–4 p.m.
Meeting Location: CCCPLX-405
A.S. Representative: Gricelda Weed, Executive VP
The Cypress College Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee is a shared governance committee chaired by the president of the college to fulfill our mission.
Cypress College enriches students’ lives by providing high quality education for transfer to four-year institutions, associate degrees, career technical education, and certificate coursework, as well as basic skills and opportunities for lifelong learning. The college is committed to promoting student learning and success, embracing diversity, and contributing to both the economic and social development of the surrounding community.
Please see our the Diversity Committee Purpose for more information.
2017-2018: Pathways Forward: Inspiring diversity, inclusivity, and collegiality
|September||Hispanic Heritage Month|
|October||Disabilities Awareness Month
National Diversity Awareness Month
|November||Native American Heritage Month
International Education Week (November 14-18)
|December||AIDS Awareness (November 21-December 2)
|January||Japanese and Chinese New Year
|February||Black History Month|
|March||Women’s Recognition Month|
|April||Sexual Assault Awareness Month|
|May||Asian Pacific Islander Heritage Month
Religious Diversity Awareness
|June||Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, and Transgender Awareness Month|
- Legacy Program, promotes academic success and transfer through collaborative activities drawn from the Black Experience.
- Puente Program, gives you the skills and information you need to succeed, while also exploring the rich Latino culture.
- GLBT (gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender) students
- Disabled Student Programs & Services
- International Students Program
- Students from Diverse Religions
- Veterans’ Affairs