The Cypress College Court Reporting Program was accredited by the California Court Reporter’s Board in March 1978.
The Court Reporting Program provides an academically rich training program designed to prepare you for the field of court reporting.
The Cypress College Court Reporting Program is a recognized participating school with the National Court Reporting Association. We have an exceptional pass rate on the California Certified Shorthand Reporter’s Examination.
The Court Reporting Program requires a minimum of two and a half years of study. Students must furnish their own
machines and related supplies. Students may also choose to pursue related career opportunities.
Cypress College provides the Court Reporting students with the following special amenities:
- Court Reporting and CIS Lab equipped with computers, audio/video tapes, CDs, captioning equipment, reference materials, audio/video listening devices, tape copier and CD/DVD copier
- Rental equipment program providing manual Stenograph machines to student
- Court Reporting Club Membership open to all students
- Court Reporting Club store providing low-cost supplies to all students
- Court Reporting counseling provided in the Cypress College BUS/CIS Division
- Excellent academic preparation for State and National Examinations
- Year-round course offerings: day, evening, and some Saturdays
- Convenient parking with day and night security
- Advanced Realtime Training Program
- Eight different internship programs available
- CAT Training on CaseCatalyst, ProCAT, and Total Eclipse
- Five to six CSR qualifiers a week, along with one mock RPR
- Located conveniently on Valley View between the 405 and 91 Freeways
- Frequent guest speakers from the field
Court Reporting Department
Location: Business Education Building, 2nd Floor
T: (714) 484-7211