Where is the MLC?
- The MLC (Math Learning Center) is inside the Library, first floor, on the left-hand side.
What is an eDLA?
- An eDLA is an interactive video lesson that students access through a Canvas shell.
- Upon entering the MLC students are given an orientation and asked to sign up for Math N01 Supervised Tutoring. This is a free, non-credit course. After registering for Math N01 students will obtain access to the Canvas shell where all of the eDLAs are hosted.
- Students can do the eDLAs anywhere they have an internet connection.
- Many instructors will provide a list at the beginning of the semester of the eDLAs that are required for their course.
- Students may also do supplemental eDLAs for enrichment.
What is Group Tutoring?
- Group Tutoring is provided for students in Math 115, 120, 130 and 141.
- Group Tutoring is located next door to the MLC.
- The schedule for Group Tutoring is on the MLC web page. It is also available in the MLC.
- Tutoring for each topic is provided in 2 hour blocks, rotating times throughout the week.
- Students may come and go. They do not have to stay for the whole 2 hours.
- Students may come and listen to other students ask questions. They are not required to ask questions themselves.
What is the difference between Workshops and DLAs?
- A Workshop is a scheduled class. Seats are limited to the workshops, which is why you must sign up for these ahead of time in the MLC. In a workshop, an instructor will guide you through examples and group work on a particular subject from your course.
What can I do in the MLC?
- Here you can sign up for workshops and complete DLAs.
- Drop-in tutoring is available without an appointment for all Math courses.
- Group Tutoring is provided for MATH 115, 120, 130, and 141.
- Books and calculators are available for check out to use in the MLC with a student ID.
- Computers are available for online homework use.
- Faculty and student tutors are here to help.
How can I get one-on-one tutoring?
- One-on-one tutoring is available for free to each student, and are held in rooms L/LRC 114 and 115. To make appointments you can go to the L/LRC front desk or call (714) 484-7183 or (714) 484-7193.