- Incoming students may also use the Alternative Assessment Petition to satisfy the assessment verification requirement for priority registration. This applies if a student has completed any of the following requirements for lower-division English or math:
- An assessment test from another California Community College within the last two years
- An (un)official transcript with English/math from another U.S. Regionally Accredited College or University
- Advanced Placement (AP) scores for English Composition, Literature, or Mathematics exam with a score of 3 or better
- Early Assessment Program (EAP) for Math and/or English with a score of Standard Exceeded, on the California Assessment of Student Performance and Progress (CAASPP) exam or Smarter Balanced Assessment Consortium (SBAC).
- SAT of 550 or higher in SAT Reading & Writing or ACT score of 22 or higher on the ACT English
- Students should make sure to have extra copies of any supporting documentation submitted for their own records.
- If students need course prerequisite clearances, they should take all documentation to see a counselor before submitting this paperwork to the Assessment Center.
- Students can submit an this form at the Assessment Center located on the 2nd Floor of the Student Center Building or email send the completed form and supporting documentation to email@example.com with the subject “Cypress College Alternative Assessment Petition.”