Distance Education for Faculty
If you are a student, please visit our accompanying site for Cypress College Distance Education Program information created especially for you.
If you are an instructor, this site is for you. It is intended as a handy pointer to the information and support documents you routinely need as a Cypress College DE instructor.
Distance Education Faculty Links:
- Advisory Group
- Canvas Instructor Guide
- Canvas Login
- Distance Education Training – Online Teacher Training and Canvas Web Enhanced Training
- Distance Education Plan & Guides
- Help For Faculty
For more extensive reference materials and helpful documents, such as a sample welcome letter and the DE Faculty Handbook, please access the DE Faculty Handbook, located on the network shared J:\ distance education drive. We hope you find this site useful.
The Distance Education Ticket System allows faculty to submit:
- Tickets for DE and Canvas Enrollment issues
- Enroll in Distance Education Training
- Enroll SI Leader, Mentee, Observer, etc.
- Course Evaluation/Student Survey Requests
- LTI App or Publisher Requests
- Other issues related to Distance Education
This system is available 24/7. It allows you to review the status of your submission and refer back to solutions or feedback.
1st Floor of the Library and Learning Resource Center Building (LLRC), Room 103
|Monday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Friday||8 a.m. – 5 p.m.|
|Monday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||8 a.m. – 6 p.m.|
T: (714) 484-7052
Due to meetings, workshops, and other campus obligations we are not always in the office. For the fastest response time, the best way to reach us is by email.
- Dr. Treisa Cassens, Dean
- Terry Gleason, Special Project Manager
- Kathleen McAlister, Distance Education Faculty Coordinator
- Melisa Chteoui, Administrative Assistant