Study Guide 275
Soc 275 Study Guide
15, 16 & 17
- What is interparent conflict?
- What is the effect of parental conflict on children in the home?
- What are the main sources of conflict in the home?
- What are situational and environmental sources of conflict?
- Know the benefits or problems associated with avoidance, ventilation and catharsis.
- Know the elements of a constructive vs. destructive arguments.
- What are the effects on the family of marital infidelity?
- What is the rate of approval in America?
- Know the elements of spouse, child, and elder abuse.
- What is the divorce rate in America?
- Has the age of first marriage increased or decreased?
- Who is more likely to remarry based on initiator vs. non-initiator age, race, sex or gender?
- What are the effects of divorce on children (positive and negative)?
- What are some of the stressors in a marriage which lead to the decision to divorce?
- What are the benefits, if any, for a trial separation?
- What is no fault divorce?
- Know the elements of the following custody arrangements: sole legal, joint legal.
- What is alimony?
- What is a binuclear family?
- What are the factors which lead the success or failures in remarriage?
- How does the” emotional stage” of divorce effect the potential new spouse or significant other?
- What are the effects of: finances, relationship with ex-spouses, and children on the remarriage?
- Are step-parents “legally exempt” from parental duties?
- Who are the members in a parenting coalition?
- What is the benefit of co-parenting?
- What is sibling rivalry? Is it mandatory in all families?
No fault divorce