Emergency Procedures on Campus
Role of Students
Students should familiarize themselves with the emergency procedures and evacuation routes in buildings. Students should evacuate buildings in an orderly manner when an alarm sounds or when directed to do so by emergency personnel.
Important Steps to Take
Following these simple steps can help you stay safe during an emergency.
- Keep your Photo ID with you at all times.
- Be familiar with the campus landscape and surrounding streets.
- Know where the emergency telephones are on campus and in the buildings.
- Provide emergency contact information to those who would need it.
- Know what you would do in a crisis and be prepared to help others.
- Store a personal emergency kit in your car.
- Report suspicious activities to the Campus Safety Department.
- Comply quickly and calmly with instructions from emergency responders including campus safety, police, floor and building Marshals.