No in-person workshops are scheduled at this time.
Check back often as we will be scheduling workshops throughout the summer.
Welcome to our Online Career and Student Success Workshop Series.
The Online Workshops are available for you to participate in at any time that is convenient for you. Download the workshop instructions here.
- Are you in the RIGHT Major?
- Goal Setting
- Résumé Tips for College Students
- Social Media Reputation: Maintaining a Positive Online Presence
- Study Strategies
- Time Management Tips & Tricks
Important Information Before You Begin
- Online workshops are available to everyone FREE OF CHARGE.
- Included in this online workshop is a Pre-Quiz, Post-Quiz, and Evaluation for you to complete.
- You may log off during the online workshop and return to where you left off upon your return.
- You may re-take any of the workshops as many times as you wish.
- If your Instructor or Program Manager has requested that you complete the online workshop to receive extra credit, you will be given the opportunity to request a Verification of Attendance once all the components are completed: Pre-Quiz, Workshop Slide-deck, Post-Quiz and Evaluation.
- Upon completion, if you would like a copy of the workshop handout, simply request the handout in an email to CareerCenter@CypressCollege.edu.
Online Workshop Instructions
Request a Passcode
- Go to the Online Workshop Landing Page
- To obtain Passcode, input the following:
- Security Code displayed on the page
- Email address
- Student Banner ID (Optional)
- If receiving Extra Credit – include the CRN or other identifier in this space, such as Instructor Name, Program Title, or Class Title
- Click on Request Pass Code
- The passcode will be sent to your email address
- Return to this page and click on “Login to the Workshop”
Log in to Workshop
- To Login to the Workshops, input the following:
- a. Security Code displayed on the page
- b. Email Address
- c. Passcode
- Click on Login
- Click on “Begin the Workshop”
- If you forget your passcode, click on “Retrieve my Pass Code.” Enter in your email address and it will be sent to you.
- Click “Begin the Workshop” for the desired Workshop Topic
- You will then do the following:
- Complete the Pre-Quiz
- View the Slides (typically 50 – 75 slides)
- Complete the Post-Quiz
- Complete the Evaluation
- If you are earning Extra Credit for completing this workshop, then click on the Extra Credit tab (3rd tab listed across the top).
- You may view these workshops as often as you wish.
- You may request a Verification of Attendance for multiple instructors, programs, or classes without re-taking the workshop.
Online Workshop Extra Credit Instructions
Instructors or Program Managers may request that you complete one or more of the online workshops to receive extra credit. You will be given the opportunity to request a Verification of Attendance and are eligible once all the components are completed: Pre-Quiz, Workshop Slide-deck, Post-Quiz, and Evaluation.
Go to the Online Workshops landing page:
- Click on the desired workshop under Workshop Currently Available
- Enter Security Code as it appears on the screen
- Go to “Login to the Workshops”
- Enter your email address, passcode, and click Login
- Click on the Extra Credit tab (3rd tab listed across the top)
- Enter the following:
- Student ID
- Student Name (will already be completed for you)
- The CRN, Program, or Instructor Name for which you are requesting this Verification of Attendance.
- Workshop Title
- Enter the Security Code
- Click Send
NOTE: Verifications of Attendance for Extra Credit are emailed within 72 business hours after you have submitted the request; however, this process may take up to a week during peak times of the semester.
These steps will generate the request for Verification of Attendance/Extra Credit and provide the necessary information to the Career Planning Center. Once we have manually verified that all portions of the assignment have been completed, then an email with the Verification of Attendance will be sent to the student in both PDF and email/text formats. The email is not sent to the instructor, but to the person who participated in the online workshop at the email address indicated when logging into the workshop.
We need your input: What workshop topics would you like us to offer?