Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT)
The Associate Degree for Transfer (ADT) is a joint program between the California Community Colleges and the California State University (CSU) that makes it easier for students to transfer. Students who earn the ADT are guaranteed
- admission to a CSU campus in a similar major to their ADT. However, it does not guarantee admission to a specific campus or major.
- ability to finish the bachelor degree with an additional 60 units.
The following is required for all ADT degrees:
- Completion of a minimum of 60 CSU transferable semester units
- A minimum grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.0 in all CSU transferable coursework. While a minimum of 2.0 is required for admission, some majors may require a higher GPA. Please consult with a counselor for more information.
- Completion of a minimum of 18 semester units in one of the ADT majors listed below. All courses in the major must be completed with a grade of “C” or better and must be on the major list at the time the student completed the course. If a course is taken before it is approved for inclusion on the list, it cannot be used to meet graduation requirements. Similarly, a course which is taken after it has been removed from the list cannot be used for graduation.
- Certified completion of the California State University General Education Breadth (CSU GE) or the Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum (IGETC).
- Submit a graduation application to apply for graduation in the Admission and Records Office by the published deadline (See page 2 of the current class schedule for the current semester deadline). Students will be notified of the status of their ADT degree verification by October 15 for Fall graduation and March 15 for Spring graduation.
NOTE: Where appropriate, courses in the AA-T or AS-T major may also be counted for a GE area.
Please see the current Cypress College class schedule for our graduation application deadline. When applying to a CSU, students must check that they are receiving an ADT on the application.
- CSU Application Spring Admission Deadline: August 1 – 31
- CSU Application Fall Admission Deadline: October 1 – November 30
Current ADTs Offered at Cypress College
- Administration of Justice AS-T
- Anthropology AA-T
- Art History AA-T
- Biology AS-T
- Business Administration AS-T
- Chemistry AS-T
- Communication Studies AA-T
- Economics AA-T
- Elementary Teacher Education AA-T
- English AA-T
- Film, Television & Electronic Media AS-T
- Geography AA-T
- Geology AS-T
- History AA-T
- Hospitality Management AS-T
- Journalism AA-T
- Kinesiology AA-T
- Mathematics AS-T
- Music AA-T
- Nutrition and Dietetics AS-T
- Philosophy AA-T
- Physics AS- T
- Political Science AA-T
- Psychology AA-T
- Public Health AS-T
- Social Justice-African American Studies AA-T
- Social Justice-Chicana/O Studies AA-T
- Sociology AA-T
- Spanish AA-T
- Studio Arts AA-T
- Theater Arts AA-T