- Complete a Student Education Plan with the VA counselor.
- Register for classes specified on your VEF (if you register for other classes not on your VEF it is your responsibility to have the VA counselor sign off on the class, otherwise it will not be certified).
- Maintain a 2.0 GPA or better.
- Keep your information up-to-date with the Veterans Resource Center.
- Inform the Veterans Resource Center if you drop or add a class.
Certified with Warning
- If you earn below a 2.0 GPA you will be put on probation (dropping a class before it is complete will result in an overpayment).
- You will be responsible for returning grade letters for failed classes.
- You will be sent a missing information letter if you are missing any required information (i.e., Certificate of Eligibility, Student Education Plan, and/or grade letter).
- Failure to complete these steps will cause a delay or cancellation of your benefits.
- According to Cypress College Policy and The Department of Veteran Affairs, you will not be certified if you earn below a 2.0 GPA for two or more consecutive semesters, or are dismissed from Cypress College.
- The VA will be notified of your academic probation/dismissal which may affect future certifications of your benefits.
- Failure to complete paperwork, update information with the VRC , or comply with Cypress College academic policies